Sunday, August 1, 2010

Contact Lens Challenges

At Tania's initial visit to the eye doctor a couple of months ago, she was given one contact lens for distance in her right eye. After I learned how to take it out at night and put it back in the next morning, she made pretty good progress until she started taking it out on her own without letting anyone know. We then progressed to only taking it for one night each weekend, except that for two weeks there was nothing to take out on Saturday night. At her last appointment she was given a contact lens for each eye (one for distance and one for reading). Last week she wasn't seeing very well so she put in a second set on top of the first ones. So when we took out the contacts on Saturday, I took out four contact lens instead of only two. I have now put the second set of contacts away so she won't find them. I'm hoping that in this coming week we will see more progress with her vision.

Tania continues to make good physical and cognitive progress. Mary, the weekend home care aide, said she has seen remarkable improvement over the past several weeks. This afternoon Mary and Tania made potato salad and a pasta salad that can be used during the upcoming week. Tania's hand strength and ability to walk with someone holding on to her gait belt behind her is definitely improving. Thanks for your prayers and support.

Rollie

No comments:

Post a Comment