Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day


Flowers, chocolate, a big stuffed teddy bear and Bingo...what more could a girl ask for on Valentines Day!

My dad brought my mom lovely red roses and Travis and Laycee brought her sparkly multi colored daisies.

Since she can't eat chocolate yet, I had to get a bit creative on this one. I did a bit of Internet searching and found a chocolate face mask recipe. I whipped this up in her hospital room and it smelled delicious! My dad thought I had lost my mind, but it was fun and my mom said it made her skin feel great too!

To make a long story short, we had a large white stuffed bear in the closet at my parents house. Not sure exactly how it got there, but we recently remembered the 2 foot bear and my dad brought it in for my mom. She didn't remember it, so it was a great gift. Recycling at its finest! :)

Mom, Dad, Travis, Laycee, Saydie and I enjoyed "cupid bingo" this afternoon in the Rec room at the hospital. Mom won one round and said BINGO!

All in all a great Valentine's day! Tomorrow on Feb 15, she is going to be taking another barium swallow test at Swedish hospital. It is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. Please pray that she passes the test and can start eating again.

Tara

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful picture and a special day for all of you! God is working and healing day by day - demonstrating His love on Valentine's day for this faithful family. I pray for continued strength for all.

    ReplyDelete