Dr. Prall confirmed this morning that the CT scan showed the replacement shunt was positioned in the correct location in Tania's right ventricle. The backup lumbar drain that had been clamped overnight was removed after the doctors reviewed the CT scan. Last night after dinner I observed her moving her toes, feet and bending her left knee, but this morning she was sleepy. This afternoon, Tara read to her while she had her eyes open between naps. Since the ICU has fewer patients than normal, Tania will be moved to a different room this evening to allow one nurse to cover two patients. Dr. Prall thought that she was making a satisfactory recovery from yesterday's surgery, and he still expects that she will be released to the long term acute care (LTAC) hospital early next week.
Rollie
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rollie, Tara, et al: I admire your support, love, and prayers for lovely Tania. I also admire Tania's ability to go through this journey; what a life-altering occurence in her life.
ReplyDeleteI have great faith that all of you are moving through this with grace and peace. Judy Boschult (distant but caring relative)