Thursday, October 22, 2009

Shunt Replacement Surgery is Scheduled for Tomorrow

Dr. Prall has scheduled Tania for brain surgery tomorrow morning at 10:00 a.m. to replace the two inch portion of the shunt that goes from the outer surface of the head into the ventricle. This device was clogged with blood clots while she was at Kindred and it has taken two weeks to dissolve the clots without the use of blood thinners. Today Tania was responsive to Dr. Prall and later to Judy, her nurse, to commands to move fingers and wiggle toes. This afternoon Tania stayed awake and tracked Tara while she read two short stories to her. Please join us in prayer for a successful surgery tomorrow. Thank you.

Rollie

1 comment:

  1. I am joining with you in prayer that the surgery will be successful. I look at the blog every night be I go to bed and pray.

    ReplyDelete