Sunday, October 25, 2009

Monologue

I read to my Mom this afternoon and she was awake for 3 short stories, so I started telling her what was going in my life, some Saydie stories, etc. After about 30 minutes of my monologue, I asked her if she wanted me to keep going and she clearly tapped her right index finger in my hand.

The nurse today indicated that she has been moving her right hand and both feet on command. Her left hand is swollen because she had a blood clot near her PIC line late last week. The PIC line was removed on Friday but the swelling in the arm and hand remains.

After so many days of visiting where my mom slept the entire time I was there, it was quite exciting just to have her right hand move and for her eyes to be open and looking directly at me!

Tara

5 comments:

  1. that is so exciting Tara! praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are trying to change around. I hope so I will keep praying and thinking of her everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so excited for you all!
    -Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool, I pray that you keep getting encouraging developments like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to let you know that I am still here and that I am still listening (reading). Love you, mildred

    ReplyDelete