Monday, September 14, 2009

Temporary Drain Infection

Today the Doctors discovered that the temporary drain into her brain called the extraventricular drain was infected. They removed the temporary drain around noon today and put her on three new antibiotics. They plan to insert another temporary drain into a new site on her head tomorrow. The permanent drain is planned later this week after they reduce her fevers and get her white blood cell count into a normal range.

Tara

2 comments:

  1. To Tania's family, Janet alerted me to your blog and I have read through the archive's. What I have found is that you have been on a roller coaster during the recent weeks with progress noted and set backs documented as well. What I have also read is blog entries that reveal a family that is leaning on our Lord and looking to Him for strength and healing. Remember that He will be with you always and will be,there throughout this journey. "And when there are two sets of footprints He is walking beside you and when there is only one set He is carrying you."
    God Bless You All Barbara (Hunzeker) Chambers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell Tania I said hello...
    Are they able to control her pain?
    Dianne Akins

    ReplyDelete