Here are a few things we have learned during our month:
- After 31 days and 62 nursing shifts, we know all of the nurses by name. I have learned all kinds of things about them, their kids, even given them ideas for places to see in Europe on their upcoming trips.
- Of all the hospitals, Littleton ICU is actually quite nice - some call it the "hotel" of ICU's and they even have flat screen tv's in each room, and nice reclining chairs
- We have a partial mountain view and on the 5th floor, we can see some of the trees starting to turn colors
- The sanctuary is not really a sanctuary...its a place for ICU families to hang out, watch tv and grab a bite to eat
- The art in our room has the following quote: "Fear not, I am with you (Isiah 41:10)"
- The coffee bar is not open on the weekend...what are they thinking? I was very sad on a Saturday morning when I couldn't get my caffine fix.
- We are on a first name basis with our ICU next door neighbor and his family (he has been here 4 days longer than us). His name is George - please keep him in your prayers too.
- We have also learned more medical terminology than I could have imagined.
- Finally, through this difficult time, we have learned what an incredible support group of family and friends we have around us. We thank God for providing us with people to encourage when we get down, friends who are wonderful chefs who have kept us nourished and most of all the prayer warriors that are down on their knees before God for Tania and her family. Thank you!
Tara
Tara, I pray for your Mom every day. I'm thinking about you and lifting you up to Him. --Katrina Lowry
ReplyDeleteTara, you have your Mom's gift of words. When I read your entries on the blog I am reminded of her beautifully written Christmas letters we look forward to receiving each year. I'm trusting the Lord is putting the 2009 letter in Tania's heart and mind right now.
ReplyDeleteWe love and pray for all of you. So thankful last night's surgery went well.
Chip and Wanda Pohl