Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mouthing Words, but No Sound Yet

Tania was awake and alert for several hours today while family and several friends visited her on the last full day at Select Hospital. Early this afternoon she moved her lips to say something to Tara, but her vocal cords would not cooperate in allowing her to make any sounds. However, when Tara told her Mom that she loved her, Tania's lips came back with "I love you, too".

Tania is scheduled to be moved the two miles to Craig Hospital at 11:00 tomorrow morning. A family friend (an occupational therapist) told me today that simply being admitted to Craig significantly improves Tania's recovery prognosis. I was asked to pack a suitcase for her with gym clothes to use at the new hospital. Tara and I found some clothes in her closet and supplemented those items with a few new purchases. It will be great to see her in clothing other than the open back hospital gown. Please pray that she responds well to therapy with sufficient endurance to continue her recovery. Thanks.

Rollie

2 comments:

  1. Rollie,
    That's fantastic news! I hope the transfer to Craig goes well tomorrow, and I'll continue to check for improvements while she is at Craig! Way to go Tania!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! We're pulling for her and praising God for progress! Thanks again for taking the time to update all of us so often.

    ReplyDelete