Yesterday afternoon Tania's cousin (Debbie) and I watched a DVD on how to handle an individual experiencing a seizure. Following the DVD we took a written test on seizures to become eligible to take Tania in her wheel chair off of the second floor of the hospital. I used our new found freedom this morning to push Tania over the sky-walk to the east building where we found a chapel with a worship service in process.
After riding the elevator to the first floor, I took her to the therapeutic recreation room (also known as "T Rec"). Tania told me the pretty flowers in the garden area were orchids and she also enjoyed the aquarium and the bird cage. When she gets stronger we will probably be going back to T Rec more often for arts and crafts activities.
Tania had several visitors on Saturday when there were no therapy sessions scheduled. This evening she enjoyed having her granddaughter sit on her legs while she was in a wheel chair. Tomorrow her therapy schedule is for three and one half hours with five half hour breaks during the day. I'm praying for an extra measure of endurance for her to handle the full schedule.
Rollie
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment