Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Calendar is Flipped to a New Month

Yesterday on Halloween, Tania slept during my morning visit and also during Tara's afternoon visit, but I'm told she was awake later in the afternoon. I helped hand out candy to approximately 60 "trick or treaters" at Tara's house before turning the clock back an hour. Today, the first day of November, I spent a couple of hours with Tania while she was awake from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. She responded to Dr. McMillan's commands to wiggle toes and fingers on both hands. Her eyes tracked me as I talked to her and she tried to wipe a tear away from her face, but couldn't reach it with her hand. I requested the respiratory therapist to come into her room when I noticed her having difficulty breathing. Her breathing tube had become partially blocked and when it was cleared she peacefully dosed off to sleep.

Rollie

No comments:

Post a Comment