Saturday, November 21, 2009

Three Months

What an incredible month we have had! Tania is wearing real clothes, standing (with assistance), eating solid food and most importantly, talking to us! As we hit the 3 month mark, here are some of my thoughts....

I recently discovered this quote and I think it fits the past month perfectly!

Life's not about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain. (Mac Anderson and BJ Gallagher)

Over the past month, we have celebrated both Travis and my Dad's birthdays. Each year God gives us 365 days...it makes me think more about my time and how I spend it. What is really important and what is the extra stuff that I cram into my life that I need to discard?

As we head into Thanksgiving week, I have started thinking of things that I am thankful for...
  • that a top Rehab hospital accepted my Mom and is working diligently with her!
  • the time my family has spent and will continue to spend together.
  • the fact that my Mom can tell us she loves us. I know she does...I just love hearing her talk!
  • our jobs and homes (especially in this economy)
  • the joy of holding and kissing baby Saydie
  • each person who is reading this blog and praying for Tania and our family. (I can't believe that in less than 2 months we have had almost 12,000 hits!)

Each Thanksgiving Tania would have everyone around the table share something they were thankful for...think beyond family, friends and food to see some of the amazing ways that God has blessed you this year.

Tara








2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for all the things you've listed - but mostly Tania's amazing recovery - God is Good - no Great.

    Blessings - Kent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Tara! And Tania is certainly blessed to have such a daughter as you are ~ and the devotion and love of her husband and sons (and granddaughter too!). You've reminded us all to appreciate our families and all that God teaches us in the sunshine and the rain.
    Much love and thanksgiving,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete